Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wind Power Sports review

I bought my Prism Nexus stunt kite from Wind Power Sports in Las Vegas. I decided to order from Wind Power Sports because the website looks professional; there was a wide variety of kites to choose from, in my case it was the stunt kite section I was interested in; there were also detailed descriptions of the kites; and finally I had seen some online videos of the owner Corey Jensen flying a stunt kite. His instructional videos make flying seem simple and exciting! So Wind Power Sports online kite store seemed the obvious choice.

As I was going through the ordering procedure I became concerned as my credit card billing address is in a different country from my delivery address. However I discovered that Wind Power Sports accept payment via PayPal which meant I could specify any delivery address I wanted.

After completing my order and payment I received some auto responder emails confirming the order and payment. However that's all I received prior to the shop closing for about ten days. I had placed my order with Wind Power Sports on March 25th, two days before their holiday was to begin so hoped that my kite would be sent before the shop closed for their vacation.

I sent an email to Corey the day before his holiday to ask about the status of my order but didn't receive a reply before he went away. So I was left to wonder whether my order with Wind Power Sports had been shipped or not.

As time passed I resigned myself to having to wait until Corey returned before my order would be shipped. Then another week or so for my kite to reach Japan.

However to my surprise, as I was leaving my apartment on the 3rd of April, only nine days after placing my order, there was a postman standing at my door holding my Prism Nexus stunt kite from Wind Power Sports.

It shipping instructions indicate that the parcel was dispatched on March 25th, the day I actually placed my order with Wind Power Sports!

In the end I was very happy with the speed at which Wind Power Sports dispatched my kite. The only improvement I could suggest to their customer service would be to send an email advising when an order leaves the shop. However overall I was happy with the speed at which Wind Power Sports turned around my kite order.

As I become a better stunt kite flier I can see myself using Corey Jensen's online Wind Power Sports kite store again.

No comments:

Post a Comment