Saturday, April 4, 2009

Prism Nexus stunt kite review

My Prism Nexus stunt kite was delivered just as I was going out yesterday to look for a flying location.

I ordered my Nexus from Wind Power Sports in the U.S.

I was surprised at how light the package containing my Prism Nexus was. It was a great feeling taking it out of its case for the first time.

When I arrived at the high school ground I was happy to see that it seemed wide enough for some kite flying.

Setting up the Prism Nexus was straight forward. I had my back to the wind and laid the kite out in front of me. Then simply followed the instructions written on the carry case. Initially I had the bridles sitting slightly incorrectly where the lower spreaders meet the kite's leading edge.

With my yellow Prism Nexus set up it was time to attempt my first launch in 20 years. I was surprised at how easy it was to launch the kite solo. I was flying!

I had a few crashes and spent a bit of time untangling the kite's lines. But I also had times where my Prism Nexus was under my control as I practiced taking off and landing gently.

Prism Nexus verdict
: After my frst outing with my stunt kite I am very pleased with my purchase. Admittedly I can't compare the Prism Nexus to any other stunt kites, yet.

However the Nexus is perfect for me just now. I was able to launch the kite solo; as a flying beginner I was able to control the stunt kite in flight; and at $59 I feel I got value for money.

If you are thinking about starting stunt kite flying I wholeheartedly recommend the Prism Nexus stunt kite.

1 comment:

  1. This seems to be a great site for Portable Pools, Plastic Pools,Stunt Kite, Water Footwear, Queen Airbed With Pump.I had been relying on http://www.togga.co.uk earlier and they too offered good stuff.

    ReplyDelete