Monday, April 6, 2009

Stunt kite flying at work

Flying my stunt kite at work is how I spent some time this afternoon. It looks like I may well get the chance more often than I would have thought! If I'm able to fly my Prism Nexus and get paid for it, that suits me fine.

Even though I've only been flying for a few days I can already feel that I am gaining better control of my stunt kite. Realising that crossing my lines isn't a mistake has allowed me to pull off a 360 spin one way (lines crossed) then back (lines free again). I was really chuffed with that beginner stunt kite trick.

Also it is becoming apparent to me that flying somewhere that doesn't have trees or buildings so close is probably going to help improve my stunt kite flying skills. Today though even though I wasn't in a completely open area, there did seem to be a general lack of wind.

Next weekend I plan on making a trip to the coast. In the meantime though any kite flying time I can get at work is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment